We are pleased to officially launch “Hunger Bites,” a special report on issues related to hunger in northeastern Pennsylvania.
To learn more about this special curricular project, which is the result of the efforts of Marywood University undergraduate students in Dr. Lindsey Wotanis’ COMM 224: Electronic Newsgathering Seminar Spring 2012 course, please click the “About” tab.
We would like to extend special thanks to those who helped this project come to fruition:
- Dr. Joanne Christaldi, assistant professor of nutrition and dietetics at Marywood University
- Sr. John Michele Southwick, assistant director of campus ministry at Marywood University
- St. Francis of Assisi Soup Kitchen, Scranton, PA
- Dunmore Elementary Center, Dunmore PA
- Holly Dastalfo, graphic design major, for creating our Hunger Bites logo
- All community leaders and local residents who served as sources and allowed us to tell their stories
Thanks for visiting. To find out more about how Marywood University fights hunger, and how you can help, visit Marywood University Campus Ministry.
**While you’re here, check out this special print spread that ran in the May 2012 edition of The Wood Word, Marywood University’s campus newspaper. The spread was designed and produced by Vincent Mecca in partial fulfillment of his senior capstone project for COMM 451: Coordinating Seminar in Communication Arts. Click the image below to view the spread.**